Customer feedback is a valuable source of information for any business. It can help you better understand your customers and their needs and improve your products and services.
It is a common misconception that customer feedback questions are only necessary for the customer service industry. All industries should ask their customers questions to understand their needs.
Your customers are your lifeblood; they can tell you what you need to improve on, what you don't need to improve on, and what you're doing right. There are various ways to collect feedback, but one of the most common is asking customer feedback questions.
Why does collecting customer feedback matter?
Collecting customer feedback is important because it helps the company to understand what its customers think about their products and services. The feedback collected by the company helps understand why a customer has decided to purchase a product. It also helps them know what features to add or remove from their products.
When should you ask customer feedback questions?
Asking customer feedback questions is an excellent way to understand your customers' needs and what they like about your product or service. But, if the company is already established, asking for feedback can take up a lot of time and resources that could be used elsewhere in the business, such as in marketing or production.
It is essential to ask customer feedback questions. When starting out, you should ask these questions as often as possible. This will help you understand your customers and what they want. Product managers use various ways to collect customer feedback such as surveys, user interviews and polls, customer feedback portals, focus groups, online communities, and social media channels.
Knowing when to ask for customer feedback is vital to improving your customer experience. The answer depends on what you are trying to achieve with your product or service.
- When you are about to launch a new product or service.
- After an event or campaign has been completed.
- When you are trying to improve your current products or services
- If you want to improve your customer service.
- If you want to increase conversion rates, asking for feedback after the purchase is best.
- If you want loyal customers, asking for feedback after a few months of use is best.
Top Customer Feedback Questions to Ask in 2022
To have a successful customer feedback process, it is vital to ask the right questions. The questions you ask will depend on your company’s goals and what you want to learn from the customer.
Looking for customer feedback questions to create customer satisfaction feedback surveys? Look no further. We have compiled a list of feedback categorized into the different goals you can achieve.
Customer feedback questions to understand your customers and inform market research
You may already know who your target audience is. But, as your customer base grows, get direct feedback from them to get the voice of the customer. Knowing customers also helps you gather psychographic data that you can use to create user personas. These personas help improve user experience and targeted marketing.
1. How would you describe yourself?
Description can mean anything. Help your customers give you better answers by telling them what you expect. E.g., I’m a 24-year bachelor based in the US who works as an Engineer”.
2. What challenge or problem does our product solve for you?
Learn what they expect from your product/service and why they use it.
3. How would you feel if you didn't have our product?
Ask them about their pain points and if your products relieve them of those problems.
4. How well does our product meet your needs?
Could they overcome the problems if they didn’t have your product? Figure out exactly how helpful your product is to the customers.
5. What is your greatest concern about our product?
Is there something that’s stopping them from using your product? You can use their complaints to determine areas where you need to improve.
6. How do you use our product?
Note if and how the features of your product benefit the customers. You may even come across exceptional cases that will give you new insights.
Customer feedback questions to improve your product or service
Ask for unfiltered feedback to see what’s working. What better way to improvise and meet customer needs than constructive criticism? You can use this to create a product-led growth strategy.
7. Which features of our product are not useful for you?
Ask them which features are working for them. This information will allow you to build better features in the future.
8. What improvements would you add to our product?
Get insights into what your customers need. Any customer, happy or unhappy, will give you suggestions to improve your product. Customer feedback tools such as Rapidr allows businesses to collect feedback from users and improve their products.
9. What is the main benefit of our product?
Know your customers’ favorite features and make improvements around them.
10. What do you like least about our product?
This feedback will help you change and improve your product.
11. What do you like most about our product?
You can send a survey form with a range of benefits or features along with this question.
12. How often do you use our product/service?
This will help you measure your Customer Health Score (CHS), which lets you know your most active customers. It will also help you understand if customers are churning, and you can take measures to prevent it.
The best way to understand which features are best is to use a feature voting board. You can list down features you’ve planned, and users can upvote the ones they prefer. This will help you prioritize feedback.
Customer feedback questions to improve your customer service experience
Products aren’t the only thing that makes your business run. Feedback from customer-facing teammates such as customer service and support is equally important. Sometimes, your behavior and service alone can make or break a loyal customer. Focus on the customer service area with these questions.
13. How responsive was our customer support team to your questions or concerns?
Learn how helpful your team is. The quicker they are, the happier the customer is. Your customer support team is the one able to identify common issues that users are having and help product teams to make changes accordingly to close the feedback loop.
14. How much time did it take for you to get desired results from our product?
This question helps you understand the efficiency of the product. Generally, it should take a shorter time to deliver desired results.
15. On a scale from 0 to 10, how likely are you to recommend (our business) to a friend or colleague?
This question will help you gauge customer loyalty and know how likely they are to suggest your business to other customers. This is also known as Net Promoter Score (NPS), an important customer satisfaction metric.
16. How easy was using our product so far?
Everybody loves simple yet efficient products. With this question, you can simplify any process or feature that customers find difficult to use.
17. Is there any way we can improve your experience?
Experience isn’t always limited to product uses. Learn how you can make the overall user experience better for your customers. You can use in-app feedback tool to collect feedback directly from your users while using your product without leaving the app to elevate their experience.
18. How would you rank your satisfaction with our product and why?
Rate this on a scale. It will give you a clearer picture of where your product stands in your customer’s minds. You can then send follow-up questions to them.
19. How did our product impact your life?
Understand how the product impacted the customer. Customers recommend your product to others if it positively impacts them.
Customer feedback questions for website improvement
Your website acts like your product portfolio. You would want customers to have a smooth and intuitive experience. You can use on-page surveys to ask customers about their website experience and use that to improve your website.
20. How easily can you navigate our website?
This question ensures you know how smooth the user experience is on your website. 1 out of 2 online shoppers abandon pages that take too long to load. So make sure your customers get a good experience on your website.
21. Did you find the information you were looking for on our website?
Ask this to see if your website is missing out on any important or relevant information. You can add further additional information too based on customer feedback.
22. What do you think our website is missing?
Your customers are the best people to tell you if your site is missing something. Learn the simple things you can change or tweak on your site. Many product managers use buttons and feedback widgets on their websites with website feedback tools like Rapidr.
Customer feedback questions to improve your marketing efforts
Since marketing requires a lot of time and money, use customer feedback to ensure you’re in the right direction.
23. How did you find out about us?
Knowing where your customers found you can help you advertise your business more strongly on that platform. You know your business is doing well if it’s word of mouth.
24. Why did you choose to use our product over competitors?
Learn how better you’re performing than your competitors in terms of price, service, and the solutions you offer.
An alarming 72% of consumers report they are likely to switch to a competitive brand after just one bad experience. - CSE Report
25. Did you use a similar product or service before?
Understanding whether the customer has used a competitor’s products or is using them for the first time will add more context to their other answers. Customers with more experience with the product will have different answers than customers using it for the first time.
26. What made you want to try us?
Understand their pain point, which made them subscribe to your product.
27. Why did you leave the previous product/service?
There must be something your customer didn’t like about your competitor. Recognize the “why” and use it to your advantage. Use this information in your marketing campaigns.
28. What convinced you to buy our product?
You can find your USP with this question too. Replicate and emphasize them for more sales.
Customer feedback questions to understand the purchasing experience
Email a survey to your audience to understand their purchasing experience. Why did or didn’t they buy your product? This survey helps you understand your customer’s needs better.
29. Are our products/services priced appropriately?
If customers think your products aren’t worth the money it charges, you will have to re-evaluate your prices or make the USP more explicit.
30. How easy or difficult was it to complete your subscription?
Learn about the technical challenges your audience may face with your product.
31. How would you describe the buying experience?
A complicated purchasing experience may drive your prospects away. Asking this question will help you retain your future potential customers.
32. Do you feel our product is worth the price?
Send out this question if you’re planning to revamp your pricing strategy.
Customer feedback questions to understand customer churn
Feedback from churned customers is valuable. Ensure you have an exit survey or other methods for off-boarding users.
33. What is the primary reason for canceling your subscription?
Whether it be the price or the quality of the product, know the reason for the cancellation to improvise in those areas.
34. Is there anything we can do to stop you from canceling your subscription?
Let customers know you’re open to understanding their needs and helping them.
35. What is preventing you from achieving your goal with our product?
Your product may lack something you’re unaware of. Take the feedback and work on it.
36. Do you have other feedback or concerns you want to tell us?
This is a very important question. Learn the additional things you may have missed out on with follow-up questions.
Top 5 Tools to Collect Customer Feedback
Rapidr is customer feedback and feature voting tool that helps manage the entire product feedback lifecycle, from capturing product feedback to prioritizing feedback, informing product roadmap, and sharing product updates with changelog.
Rapidr allows you to capture and track all user feedback and organize and analyze them in a centralized location. Then, inform your roadmap with the most impactful feedback, and notify users of what's new with release notes.
Rapidr's pricing starts at $19/month, which includes unlimited admins and all the necessary features to get you started in the basic plan.
Product feedback tool, customer feedback management software, feature voting software, feature request tracking system, and In-app feedback.
Features of Rapidr
- Rapidr is an end-to-end product feedback solution, which means you don't have to glue together multiple apps yourself. You get feature request collection, roadmapping, and release notes software.
- Rapidr is one of the most affordable and cost-effective solutions that offer excellent value for money stacked against the other enterprise options on this list. Rapidr's pricing is based on the value you derive from the software instead of per-seat pricing.
- Rapidr's hosted feedback portal and feedback widgets are lightweight, easy to use, and customizable, fitting perfectly with your existing workflows and brand design.
- Rapidr helps you gather feedback via a feedback portal, feedback widgets, and many integrations with tools you already use, like Zapier, Intercom, and Slack.
Hotjar is a game-changing analytics tool for page view and user session recordings. It offers analysis and feedback, including Heatmaps, Conversion Funnels, Form Analytics, and Visitor Recording. With these analysis tools, companies can monitor and measure user behavior. In addition, Hotjar provides visual representations of website visitors and their usage behavior.
Pricing: Starts at $39/month
Use cases: Best for user behavior visualizations and tracking.
Features of Hotjar
- Hotjar has a user-friendly user interface. It's lightweight and straightforward to use, doesn't go overboard with complicated functionality but is plenty robust to provide critical insights.
- Hotjar helps you track customer journeys on your website to improve your customers' onsite experiences and engagements on your website. Hotjar gives its data as visual representations called heatmaps.
- Hotjar is majorly an analytics tool with heatmaps and all, but feedback feels like an afterthought. It is more focused on analytics and user behavior rather than being a full feedback solution.
- Hotjar does not have a voting mechanism or a feedback portal.
SurveyMonkey all in one survey tool that helps Users run customer satisfaction surveys(CSAT) and NPS to get feedback on products and services and employee engagement surveys to understand employee satisfaction within the company.
Pricing: Starting from $25/month
Use Cases: Best for online surveys and customer insights
Features of SurveyMonkey
- It allows users to send surveys and check on results from a dashboard with specific filtered points showing only desired parts of your survey.
- It helps identify customer loyalty patterns and capture live feedback.
- It's a little pricey compared to the other available options.
TypeForm is a survey software solution for handling customer feedback management processes that allow the creation of intuitive forms, surveys, and questionnaires and collect different types of feedback. Typeform supports the survey design process with a wide range of templates offered, and the surveys can be built for business-centric purposes, such as lead generation.
Pricing: Starts at $35/month.
Use Cases: Best for user & online surveys
Features of Typeform
- Typeform is handy when embedding additional elements such as videos and images, and the interactive, one-question-at-a-time format of the survey experience has many fans.
- Typeform offers unlimited questions and answers, many themes, a user-friendly interface, survey analytics, and integrates with a wide variety of business tools.
- Typeform does allow to aggregate and effectively prioritize feedback at one centralized place like Rapidr.
Survicate is a survey and NPS software that helps you capture more customer feedback and deliver a better experience. Send surveys by email, link, or chat. Run targeted surveys on websites to collect customer feedback.
Pricing: Starts at $129 per feature, per month
Use Cases: Best for customer experience and NPS surveys.
Features of Survicate
- The UI and interface are easy to use and user-friendly, and the widget design is delightful.
- It is an on-site survey tool that supports many integrations, especially Intercom, and allows customers to create surveys easily.
- Being an online survey tool, it doesn't provide advanced functionality to analyze and manage customer feedback as well as does not provide a feedback forum or updates about new features to customers.
- Survicate does not offer a free trial to try it out before buying a subscription.
Tailor these survey questions based on your product and prepare your feedback forms and surveys. You can test the survey questions with your colleagues before sending them out.
Gathering customer feedback across different channels can get confusing. With Rapidr, you can centralize all feedback in one place and analyze the feedback. This will enable you to build the product experience your customers want.
Get started with Rapidr today to start collecting user feedback and experience the difference in building better products. Try Rapidr for free for 14 days and keep customer feedback management at your fingertips.