Customer feedback is an integral part of startup product development, and customer feedback tools help make informed product decisions. It not only enables you to understand what the customers want, but it also helps you determine whether your product is meeting those needs.
Feedback can be collected in various ways and at stages of the development process. The customer feedback you receive is crucial to your startup's success. It can help you identify and fix bugs, improve the user experience, and grow your startup. Let's learn the best practices to collect feedback for your startup as well as tools that help you do so.
Best Practices to Collect Feedback for Startups
- Create a customer feedback portal.
- Get to know your customer.
- Collect feedback regularly.
- Ask for feedback at the right time.
- Share your product with customers early and often.
- Make it easy for customers to provide feedback.
The best way to get feedback is to ask for it. The more feedback you get, the better your product will be. User feedback can be collected in various ways.
- User Interviews
- In-app Feedback
- User Feedback Tools
- Customer Feedback Surveys such as NPS, CSAT, etc
- Customer Reviews & Ratings
- Usability Testings
- Focus groups
Top Customer Feedback Tools for Startups
Rapidr is customer feedback and feature voting tool that helps manage the entire product feedback lifecycle, from capturing product feedback to prioritizing feedback, informing product roadmap, and sharing product updates with changelog.
Rapidr allows you to capture and track all user feedback and organize and analyze them in a centralized location. Then, inform your roadmap with the most impactful feedback, and notify users of what's new with release notes.
Rapidr's pricing starts at $19/month, which includes unlimited admins and all the necessary features to get you started in the basic plan.
Product feedback tool, customer feedback management software, feature voting software, feature request tracking system, and In-app feedback.
Features of Rapidr
- Rapidr is an end-to-end product feedback solution, which means you don't have to glue together multiple apps yourself. You get feature request collection, roadmapping, and release notes software.
- Rapidr is one of the most affordable and cost-effective solutions that offer excellent value for money stacked against the other enterprise options on this list. Rapidr's pricing is based on the value you derive from the software instead of per-seat pricing.
- Rapidr's hosted feedback portal and feedback widgets are lightweight, easy to use, and customizable, fitting perfectly with your existing workflows and brand design.
- Rapidr helps you gather feedback via a feedback portal, feedback widgets, and many integrations with tools you already use, like Zapier, Intercom, and Slack.
2. Spreadsheets – Google Sheets, Excel, Airtable
Google spreadsheets or Microsoft Excel as used by many small businesses to collect and manage feature requests to start with. But it is not built for feature voting or feedback management and thus has limited features and takes ages to develop the proper structure to collect feedback in excel or spreadsheets.
It is free to use; you can choose anyone from Microsoft Excel or Google spreadsheets.
Trello is a collaboration and project management tool that provides a kanban style roadmap to arrange and manage project tasks. Your team could also create a public board where customers can log in, submit their own feedback as comments on existing cards and vote for their favorite features.
It is a simple task management tool that provides a drag-and-drop feature to tasks and projects with the help of boards, lists, and cards, which many teams use as a feature voting tool. Learn how to collect feedback with Trello.
Starts at $5/month per user
Best for project management, roadmapping, and to-do list.
Features of Trello
- Trello allows you to create closed boards with a limited group of members within the company and public boards that anyone can view, including your customers.
- Basic functionality in Trello is available for free, which includes unlimited boards, and users, but as for adding more team members, it charges per seat and extra charges for power-up features.
- Trello is built for project management purposes, including a Kanban Board but when you try to manage customer feedback on a larger scale, you’ll be held back by its generic user interface and lack of extensibility.
- It is suitable for smaller projects. However, feedback tracking becomes complex with limited functionality as the user base and the team grows.
TypeForm is a survey software solution for handling customer feedback management processes that allow the creation of intuitive forms, surveys, and questionnaires and collect different types of feedback. Typeform supports the survey design process with a wide range of templates offered, and the surveys can be built for business-centric purposes, such as lead generation.
Starts at $35/month.
Best for user & online surveys
Features of Typeform
- Typeform is handy when embedding additional elements such as videos and images, and the interactive, one-question-at-a-time format of the survey experience has many fans.
- Typeform offers unlimited questions and answers, many themes, a user-friendly interface, survey analytics, and integrates with a wide variety of business tools.
- Typeform does allow to aggregate and effectively prioritize feedback at one centralized place like Rapidr.
Nolt is a cloud-based collaborative platform for customer feedback without outdated spreadsheets, cluttered documents, or Trello boards. Businesses can engage their customers, gain insights into users' requirements and create a public product roadmap.
Starting from $25/month/board
Best for user feedback for small teams.
Features of Nolt
- Nolt is simple, intuitive, and fast to set up.
- It allows us to validate ideas, ideate new features, and connect with users super easy and organized way.
- Nolt is easy to start using, but it doesn't support all the features that other competitors support in the long term. So if you're an advanced user or large team, you may quickly outgrow it.
- It doesn't offer a changelog feature compared to other feedback tools and doesn't support Intercom integration.
Convas is a basic customer feedback tool. Gather & prioritize all your feedback in one place, understand your customers and build the right products.
Starting from $15/month
Best for feedback collection.
Features of Convas
- It helps gather all your feedback in one place, understand your customers and build the right products.
- It provides a feedback widget that allows users to provide feedback without leaving your site, as well as supports collecting in-app feedback.
- Supports anonymous voting as well.
Sleekplan helps companies to close the feedback loop, from collecting feedback and discussing ideas to prioritizing new features and notifying customers about recent updates and announcements.
Starting from $15/month
Best for idea management.
Features of Sleekplan
- Easy to manage, clean interface, and work logic on the app.
- The tool also enables two-way interaction via the roadmap and changelog feature, which allows us to keep users in the loop.
- Lengthy onboarding and hard to set up at first. It does take a while to get up and running because there are so many settings options.
- It doesn't support customizations such as color options and hiding functionality, custom header/footer, and even an integrated chat option.
Savio helps track feature requests to drive expansion and retention revenue. Centralize feature requests in one place with no workflow disruption. Track feature requests from Intercom, Slack, and more.
Starts at $49/month for up to 3 teammates
Best for feature voting.
Features of Savio
- It provides a public voting board and supports integrations, including Intercom, Slack, etc.
- Savio helps effortlessly centralize feedback and use it to make better products.
Hellonext is a feature request tracking tool built for SaaS teams to organize their customer feedback into a product roadmap.
Starts at $15/month for a single person with one feedback board.
Best for feature request tracking and feature voting.
Features of Hellonext
- Capture & organize feedback, allow users to vote on features, and publish your Roadmap.
- It helps understand what customers want and build that, increasing revenue and keeping the operation cost low.
Build your product roadmap by allowing your customers to suggest and upvote features they want to see in your product. Let customers suggest and upvote improvements and new features.
Starting from $79/month/board
Best for feature voting.
Features of FeatureUpvote
- Affordable and easy to set up. Feature suggestions can be voted on with just one click and no registration.
- Boards are available in 10+ languages.
- It doesn't support product changelog and unlimited feedback boards like Rapidr.
Rapidr: Best Customer Feedback Tool for Startups.
Rapidr is one of the most affordable and feature-rich tools on the list and is our recommended choice for managing customer feedback for startups. Other notable features include: collecting feedback via widgets, slicing and dicing feedback, embedding a roadmap into your product, and closing the feedback loop.
In fact, managing your feature requests on a robust feedback management tool like Rapidr will help you to:
- Consolidate all your feature requests into one organized place.
- Collect, manage and prioritize product feature requests with confidence without any guesswork.
- Help retain and grow customer base by listening to them and keeping them in the loop about the progress automatically.
- Feedback management is a team sport. Include your teammates without paying extra.
- Maintain a public roadmap to inform all stakeholders.
- Changelog to keep your customers updated on new features or product releases.
Rapidr offers an easy way to collect feature requests, prioritize, track, manage them, and engage users at a competitive price. We offer a 14-day free trial, so you can see if we're a good match: no credit card required, no obligations.