Product feedback is the lifeblood of a company. It helps companies understand how their customers feel about their products and services, and product feedback tools help make informed decisions about what to do next.
Product feedback can come in many forms: emails, feedback forms, surveys, widgets, phone calls, social media posts, or even in-person conversations.
The goal is always the same: to get people talking about your product so you can understand what they like and don't like about it and then make changes accordingly.
What is Product Feedback?
Product feedback is a form of customer feedback that is collected and analyzed to determine how well a product or service meets the needs of its customers. Feedback can be in many forms, such as surveys, interviews, or even comments on social media.
Product feedback helps improve the quality of the product and make it more user-friendly. It is an integral part of designing and developing new products and services. It can also help improve existing products, measure customer satisfaction, enhance the user experience, and boost customer loyalty and retention.
Product feedback can be solicited or unsolicited. Unsolicited feedback is usually obtained through customer surveys, focus groups, interviews, and usability testing. Solicited feedback is often collected through email campaigns, social media posts, and customer service chats.
Note: Rapidr helps B2B SaaS Product Managers, Customer Success, and Sales teams capture and prioritize product feedback and feature requests. Try Rapidr now.
Why is Product Feedback Important?
The major reasons why product feedback is important for businesses are:
- Product feedback helps improve your product and services: Product feedback is valuable for companies as it provides insight into what customers want and need. Feedback also helps companies identify areas where they can improve and tweak their product or service based on customer pain points.
- Product feedback helps understand your customers: A company should clearly understand what customers want and how they want it delivered. This will help them get more sales and better customer satisfaction. It also helps them know their target audience, which is essential for marketing purposes.
- Product feedback helps measure customer satisfaction: Product feedback is a vital product development process. Customer feedback tools help companies measure customer satisfaction and develop better products.
- Product feedback helps enhance customer experience and customer service: Product feedback can be anything from a review, rating, or comment on the product and its features. This helps them stay ahead of competitors and maintain their brand image. Positive and negative feedback provides valuable information about what customers want and need to improve their interaction with a company's products or services.
- Product feedback reduces churn and improves customer retention: Feedback helps evaluate how company employees treat customers. Product feedback is an essential part of the customer journey. It can help customers find the right product and ensure they are satisfied. It also reduces churn and improves customer retention.
- Product feedback helps make informed business decisions: Customer insights help you understand customers and their needs to make informed business decisions. It also helps companies understand what features customers want to see or changes they want to make in the product.
Product Feedback Software Tools in 2024
Feedback is essential for all products. It is key in determining how to improve it and gain new customers. There are many ways to get feedback, but which product feedback tool is best for you?
This article will go over the features of each product feedback tool so that you can make an informed decision on which one is right for your business.
Rapidr is a product feedback and feature tracking tool that helps manage the entire product feedback lifecycle, from capturing product feedback to prioritizing feedback, informing product roadmap, and sharing product updates with changelog.
Rapidr allows you to capture and track all user feedback and organize and analyze them in a centralized location. Then, inform your roadmap with the most impactful feedback, and notify users of what's new with release notes.
Rapidr's pricing starts at $49/month, which includes unlimited admins and all the necessary features to get you started in the basic plan.
Product feedback tool, customer feedback management software, feature voting software, feature request tracking system
Features of Rapidr
- Rapidr is an end-to-end product feedback solution, so you don't have to glue multiple apps together. You get feature request collection, roadmapping, and release notes software.
- Rapidr is one of the most affordable and cost-effective solutions that offer excellent value for money stacked against the other enterprise options on this list. Rapidr's pricing is based on the value you derive from the software instead of per-seat pricing.
- Rapidr's hosted feedback portal and feedback widgets are lightweight, easy to use, and customizable, fitting perfectly with your existing workflows and brand design.
- Rapidr helps you gather feedback via a feedback portal, feedback widgets, and many integrations with tools you already use, like Zapier, Intercom, and Slack.
UserVoice was launched in 2008 and had many customers worldwide and caters to enterprise companies that want to gather customer feedback, process support requests, and increase customer satisfaction. UserVoice allows companies to create feature requests and feedback boards for customers to share their ideas, opinions, and votes
Contact for a custom quote and talk to sales. Pricing plans start at a whopping $799/ user /month with an annual agreement billed quarterly.
Best for product feedback management.
Features of UserVoice
- UserVoice provides feedback software that gathers data from their customer base, analyzes it, and then presents it to them to make informed decisions about what should be improved or changed.
- UserVoice creates a feedback loop by providing feedback forum software enabled with roadmap functionality.
- UserVoice has streamlined communication with customer-facing and product teams and keeps all product feedback in one location to increase transparency.
- They allow product teams to see how many customers requested a particular feature and its importance to their business goals. They allow segmentation and create cohorts for different types of users.
TypeForm is a survey software solution for handling customer feedback management processes that allow the creation of intuitive forms, surveys, and questionnaires. Typeform supports the survey design process with a wide range of templates offered, and the surveys can be built for business-centric purposes, such as lead generation.
Starts at $35/month.
Best for user & online surveys
Features of Typeform
- Typeform is handy when embedding additional elements such as videos and images, and the interactive, one-question-at-a-time format of the survey experience has many fans.
- Typeform offers unlimited feedback questions and answers, many themes, a user-friendly interface, and survey analytics, and integrates with a wide variety of business tools.
- Typeform includes pre-built templates, an interactive editor, and built-in photo & video libraries.
Mopinion empowers its users to create customizable online feedback forms, including various CX metrics such as NPS, CES, and CSAT, and trigger them based on rules such as mouse movement, exit intent, and much more.
It also includes visualization in customizable dashboards and text analysis and labels. Users can use proactive alerts and role-based views to act upon feedback.
Starting at $229/month.
User feedback forms, NPS, and CSAT forms.
Features of Mopinion
- It allows you to create, design, and configure feedback forms and embed them directly into the site.
- Mopinion also helps you collect and organize different types of customer feedback across multiple channels. Logic to control who sees the forms.
- You can also target these feedback forms to specific groups of online visitors, get insights into why they are not converting, and capture additional user data.
Qualaroo is a survey feedback platform that helps to gain qualitative insights through website surveys. Its key features include sentiment analysis, cookie targeting, data streaming, custom properties, and responses.
Starts at $100 per month.
Best for website and UX feedback and surveys.
Features of Qualaroo
- The platform provides a proprietary insight capture tool that helps you ask the right questions at the right time so that you don't have to create in-app, link, or web surveys from scratch.
- Qualaroo allows users to engage with customers based on their actions on the website and segment customers based on geographies and supports in-app feedback.
- It also allows personalization by adding skip logic and templates to create surveys and add open-ended questions to gather free-form feedback.
- This is your best bet if you are looking for an advanced survey tool, as it also provides pre-built templates.
Productboard is a project management tool that helps product managers understand what customers need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around the roadmap. It consolidates customer feedback into a prioritized roadmap based on data.
Starts at $39/month per teammate.
Best for project management and roadmapping.
Features of Productboard
- Productboard is a project management tool that combines a user feedback voting board and inbox with feature prioritization frameworks and roadmaps.
- Key features include collecting product feedback from email, prioritizing features with a set of frameworks, various product roadmap templates, etc.
- Many integrations such as Slack, Zapier, and Salesforce are supported to manage projects and customer feedback.
- A little expensive in the price point when compared to Rapidr.
Hotjar is an analytics tool for page view and user session recordings. It offers analysis and feedback, including heatmaps, form analytics, and visitor recording. With these analysis tools, companies can monitor and measure user behavior. In addition, Hotjar provides visual representations of website visitors and their usage behavior.
Starts at $39/month.
Best for user behavior visualizations and tracking, website feedback.
Features of Hotjar
- Hotjar has a user-friendly user interface. It's lightweight and straightforward to use, doesn't go overboard with complicated functionality, and is plenty robust to provide critical insights.
- Hotjar helps you track customer journeys on your website to improve your customers' onsite experiences and engagements. Hotjar gives its data as visual representations called heatmaps.
- They add a tab or widget on your website where users can click to leave comments. This gives people a way out if they run into problems and provide feedback.
- Hotjar's key selling point is packing analysis and feedback together in one platform. Understanding your users enables you to ask for their feedback instead of doing guesswork directly.
Pendo is an easy-to-use product analytics tool that provides great insights into customer behaviors. Pendo Feedback helps collect customer requests directly in your application without interrupting the product experience. Internal teams can also create requests on behalf of customers and submit their product feedback.
Starts at $199/month
Best for product analytics and feedback
Features of Pendo
- Pendo is a product analytics tool that tracks users' activity to understand how users use the product and helps product managers make important product decisions, track feature adoption, and monitor user behavior.
- Pendo makes it easy to track product KPIs, track usage across the platform, and assign users to different groups to track segment usage over time.
- Pendo feedback helps create a direct line between users and the product team to simplify feedback aggregation. It’s a comprehensive solution for user onboarding, analytics, and in-app user feedback.
Feedier is a new innovative platform for collecting valuable feedback. It helps turn feedback into growth leverage by making data-driven decisions to improve your services and products.
Pricing isn’t publicly available and depends on the number of dashboards.
Customer satisfaction survey tool
Features of Feedier
- It provides branded surveys and in-site widgets that allow customers to give feedback without leaving the website.
- It also supports a built-in reporting dashboard and follow-up emails on survey incentive management.
- Apart from surveys, it also allows users to receive ratings, testimonials, and social media engagement to improve customer relationships.
Usersnap is a feedback and bug tracking tool that allows screenshots of the current browser content to communicate effectively about issues and share feedback between developers, customers, and everyone involved. Usersnap is a visual feedback platform that helps measure user experience.
Starts at $69/month.
Best for customer feedback and surveys.
Features of Usersnap
- Usersnap is easy to set up and starts collecting bugs and feature requests quickly. As its users mentioned, submitting feedback - text, screenshots, and video is super easy.
- Usersnap is more of a bug-tracking and issue-management tool than a feature request-tracking software.
- It provides powerful on-screen annotation functionality, ease of labeling and delegating tasks to users, recording for debugging, and browser details in submission while creating feedback.
- It integrates seamlessly with all primary project management tools and works well with teams.
Canny is a user feedback management solution that helps companies collect, prioritize, and track customer feedback. Identify which customers want features to help your team make robust product decisions.
Best for feature voting and feature request management
Features of Canny
- It is a feedback software that helps you capture customer feedback, prioritize it, and make better product decisions. Here, customers can see other people's suggestions and help each other before the team can get involved.
- They allow users to submit feedback, vote on them, and comment on particular feedback. It supports companies trying to implement a suggestion box or open forum for ideas from all areas of the organization.
- Making product roadmaps public allows companies to engage and interact with their users transparently, which helps build customer loyalty.
Delighted supports short-form or long-form surveys to target specific users and collect feedback inside mobile apps. It also provides an in-built reporting dashboard and real-time NPS surveys to track net promoter scores.
Starts at $224/month.
Best for customer and product feedback management.
Features of Delighted
- Supports NPS surveys, Customer Satisfaction Surveys, and Customer Effort Score surveys and analyzes the NPS score to provide insights.
- Provides AI-driven analytics and real-time reporting in a dashboard.
- It provides surveys in many languages and multiple formats, including web, email, and SMS.
- Easy to use and allows segment responses based on a user's NPS response.
Bonus: 13. AskNicely
AskNicely is a rated experience management platform that makes it easy to collect customer feedback, measure NPS, respond and update customers and motivate teams to make every customer experience remarkable.
Contact them to get a quote.
Best for NPS surveys online.
Features of AskNicely
- AskNicely is an elegant NPS survey tool that helps identify areas of improvement from your customers, compatible with lots of valuable integrations.
- AskNicely is easy to set up and configure and is claimed to have stellar customer service.
- It's easy to use an all-in-one customer experience reporting system. Enables companies to have conversations with their customers efficiently.
Rapidr: The Right Product Feedback Tool For Your SaaS
One of the most common questions businesses ask is which product feedback tool is right for them. The answer to this question depends on several factors, such as the size and budget of the company, customer base, and customer feedback needs.
Product feedback tools like Rapidr are great for instant customer feedback on your product. Rapidr is one of the most affordable and feature-rich tools on the list and is our recommended choice for product feedback. Other notable features include collecting feedback via widgets, slicing and dicing feedback, embedding a roadmap into your product, and closing the feedback loop. Get started now.